How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Running on official 5.0.1 Lollipop Stock Firmware. If you are looking for that, so you are welcome here in this step-by-step guide that will help you to Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 without any problems.
These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (running on android 5.0.1, built id LRX22C.I9500XXUHOAA) using Odin on Windows Computer.
Today we will explain How to get CF-Auto Root on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Official Firmware 5.0.1 Lollipop. GT-I9500 Root process is not much different from most Samsung Phone devices, so if you made that before you will do it easily, if not don’t worry we are here to help you.
As we said, this Root Guide for official firmware only not for Custom ROMs. If you didn’t get this official update 5.0.1 Lollipop yet on your GT-I9500, so follow this link if available or use the site search here to see if we released this update here. If you didn’t find this update tell us in the comments and we will provide you with the link.
In this Guide we will use CF-Auto Root, because it is the easiest, most secure, and the best one for Rooting GT-I9500. We will use this Root method with a Windows based tool Called Odin. Read How to use Odin program for Samsung phones to know How to Use it easily.
Why you might need to Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500?
The Root Process makes you able to control everything on your phone, because you will not be a normal user using some functions only. You will be able to make changes on your System, using Custom Recovery, Using Apps that need Root, and many more.
Before Rooting your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 please follow this notes:
- This Root process at your own risk and Galaxy Rom Website Team are not responsible for any damage caused on your phone as a result of doing it the wrong way.
- This Root is only for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and it is not for any other model, so don’t use it in any other model because it may damage your Phone.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Android Lollipop 5.0.1 model GT-I9500 .If your device is a totally different model, it will not work .
- You may need to make a backup for all of your important data to avoid data lose in case of any mistakes happened.
- Your Phone Battery must be 50% at least before starting the Rooting Process.
- Do not remove the cable from the phone while the Root is being installed.
- Attached images are only for explaining only and you may see small differences.
- You should be know that is the Rooting process will avoid your Phone Warranty and you will not be able to use your Warranty anymore and you will not be able to receiving OTA updates even if you removed the Root.
- Again, this Root is only for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 not any other model.
Files required for installing the Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
USB deriver to make your PC able to recognizing your Phone:
| Download All USB Drivers for Android Phone for Windows PC |
More Link About Galaxy S4
- How To Install I9505XXUHOJ4 Firmware ON Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- How To Update Rom I9500XXUHOH7 ON Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Install Rom I9506XXUDOJ2 ON Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- How to Install I9500XXUHOI1 ON Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Get Root Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M – I337MVLUGOC4 Lollipop 5.0.1 Stock Firmware CF-Auto-Root
- Get Root Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 – I9506XXUDOC5 Lollipop 5.0.1 Stock Firmware CF-Auto-Root
These are the files that you will use to install the Root in your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 running on Stock Firmware Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
How to install Root in Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 :
- Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and extract the Zip file, and select the CF-Auto-Root-GT-I9500.tar.md5
- Download Odin v3.10.7 and extract the Zip file: Odin v3.10.7.Zip
- Now, Turn off your phone and Boot your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 into Download Mode
by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together
(long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- You will get this alert as Shown in the following, press Volume up to continue and you will move to another view as shown in the other following picture on the Right side.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging mode is Enabled, if not go to Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Run the Odin v3.10.7.exe or Odin3 v3.07.exe file as Administrator
(Right click on the .exe file and Select Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to your Computer via USB cable.
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at
ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your
device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, click on the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-GT-I9500.tar.md5 file.
- Finally, click on the Start button to begin the Rooting process, wait a few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM Section with a Green Background.
- Your phone should Reboot Automatically.
- You can now disconnect your phone from your Computer Safely.
- Finish, You have done the Job.
Congrats! You have completed the Rooting Process and Now you get Root Access on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Stock Firmware Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. Now you can play Games or using Applications that requiring Root Access on your phone, and also you can now installing Custom ROMs on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 that will help you using your Phone’s full features. If you want to be ensure that Rooted your Phone Successfully, you can download any Root Checker app and you will be see the Result.