How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 Running on official 6.0.1 Marshmallow Stock Firmware. If you are looking for that, so you are welcome here in this step-by-step guide that will help you to Root SM-G9280 without any problems.
Today we will explain How to get CF-Auto Root on Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 with Official Firmware 6.0.1 Marshmallow. SM-G9280 Root process is not much different from most Samsung Phone devices, so if you made that before you will do it easily, if not don’t worry we are here to help you.
As we said, this Root Guide for official firmware only not for Custom ROMs. If you didn’t get this official update 6.0.1 Marshmallow yet on your SM-G9280, so follow this link if available or use the site search here to see if we released this update here. If you didn’t find this update tell us in the comments and we will provide you with the link.
In this Guide we will use CF-Auto Root, because it is the easiest, most secure, and the best one for Rooting SM-G9280. We will use this Root method with a Windows based tool Called Odin. Read How to use Odin program for Samsung phones to know How to Use it easily.
Why you might need to Root Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280?
The Root Process makes you able to control everything on your phone, because you will not be a normal user using some functions only. You will be able to make changes on your System, using Custom Recovery, Using Apps that need Root, and many more.
Before Rooting your Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 please follow this notes:
- This Root process at your own risk and Galaxy Rom Website Team are not responsible for any damage caused on your phone as a result of doing it the wrong way.
- This Root is only for Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 and it is not for any other model, so don’t use it in any other model because it may damage your Phone.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus running on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 model SM-G9280 .If your device is a totally different model, it will not work .
- You may need to make a backup for all of your important data to avoid data lose in case of any mistakes happened.
- Your Phone Battery must be 50% at least before starting the Rooting Process.
- Do not remove the cable from the phone while the Root is being installed.
- Attached images are only for explaining only and you may see small differences.
- You should be know that is the Rooting process will avoid your Phone Warranty and you will not be able to use your Warranty anymore and you will not be able to receiving OTA updates even if you removed the Root.
- Again, this Root is only for Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 not any other model.
Files required for installing the Root Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280
USB deriver to make your PC able to recognizing your Phone:
| Download All USB Drivers for Android Phone for Windows PC |
More Link About Galaxy S6 Edge plus
- Update G9280ZCU2AOK6 Firmware ON Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Update G928GUBU2AOJ4 Firmware ON GALAXY S6 Edge + SM-G928G to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- How To Update Rom G928IDVU2AOJ4 ON Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- How to update G928FXXU2AOJ5 ON Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- How to Install G928CXXU2AOJ5 ON Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928C to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus TWRP Recovery: Downloads and Guide
These are the files that you will use to install the Root in your Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 running on Stock Firmware Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280.
How to install Root in Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 :
- Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 and extract the Zip file, and select the CF-Auto-Root-SM-G9280.tar.md5
- Download Odin v3.10.7 and extract the Zip file: Odin v3.10.7.Zip
- Now, Turn off your phone and Boot your Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 into Download Mode
by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together
(long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- You will get this alert as Shown in the following, press Volume up to continue and you will move to another view as shown in the other following picture on the Right side.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging mode is Enabled, if not go to Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Run the Odin v3.10.7.exe or Odin3 v3.07.exe file as Administrator
(Right click on the .exe file and Select Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 to your Computer via USB cable.
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at
ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your
device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, click on the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-SM-G9280.tar.md5 file.
- Finally, click on the Start button to begin the Rooting process, wait a few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM Section with a Green Background.
- Your phone should Reboot Automatically.
- You can now disconnect your phone from your Computer Safely.
- Finish, You have done the Job.
Congrats! You have completed the Rooting Process and Now you get Root Access on your Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 with Stock Firmware Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can play Games or using Applications that requiring Root Access on your phone, and also you can now installing Custom ROMs on your Galaxy S6 Edge plus SM-G9280 that will help you using your Phone’s full features. If you want to be ensure that Rooted your Phone Successfully, you can download any Root Checker app and you will be see the Result.